The International Union of Railways (UIC) in cooperation with the Railway Operational Communications-Industry Group (ROC-IG, formerly GSMR-IG) is organizing the third World Conference on Rail Telecoms, in Paris UIC Headquarters on 17-18 May 2017.
This third edition will analyze both the GSM-R current technology and its future evolution towards FRMCS (Future Railway Mobile Communication System) and notably the possible migration scenarios for its successful achievement.
As for the past two previous editions, this combined GSM-R/FRMCS edition will also provide room for an open and comprehensive exchange of information, in order to:
Inform on GSM-R present status and its current evolution to facilitate the transition towards FRMCS;
- Address the conditions for managing Railways Telecom Assets;
- Promote an open debate among all stakeholders on future of Rail Radio Telecoms;
- Provide a clear vision on achievements as well as development trends;
- Discuss System evolution from a Network to Applications based radio system;
- Offer a forum for understanding the convergence with Urban Rail Telecoms;
- Analyze the synergy with other Critical Communications Users;
- Analyze how to protect Railway Assets and a specific frequency band allowance for transition towards the new Radio for Rail system;
- Ensure Cyber Security within a new all IP System for Rail;
- Discuss the future EU legal framework to achieve it.
The UIC is pleased to invite your representatives to attend the conference. As usual, UIC members will benefit of a reduced fee.
Looking forward to meet you in Paris,
UIC Director General